Cancer In The Workplace
Welcome to Cancer Support Community’s page created just for you—working people facing cancer diagnosis, treatment, or care.
We want you to know that you do not have to face cancer alone. Let Cancer Support Community be a partner and help you navigate your cancer journey. CSC is the only provider of no-cost, comprehensive psychosocial support to cancer patients and families in the greater St. Louis area. We can help anyone living with cancer, either as patients or caregivers.
Our professional staff delivers programming through a model built on Five Pillars of Support. Just like cancer patients, no pillar is independent. All support each other, and all are necessary to enhancing the mind, body, and spirit of those affected by cancer.
- Individual and Group Support
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Social Opportunities
- Resources and Referrals
CSC can help with:
- Monitoring your wellbeing and align services through our Distress Screening tools
- Discussing treatment options and help you make informed decisions about your cancer care and prepare for doctors’ visits
- Providing individualized wellbeing care plans
- Offering free support and counseling via a Helpline staffed with licensed providers:
- Connecting callers to local or national resources, including support groups, transportation services and other programs
- Short-term cancer coping assistance and housing resources
- Financial navigation regarding the costs of cancer and its treatments
- Specialized information and navigation in pediatric oncology, finances, clinical trials, and genetics/genomics
- Educational resources offered through webinars from cancer experts on living with cancer
- Connecting and coordinating resources through a digital community
- Transitioning back to the workplace and life
- Feeling that you are not alone and offer tools for a sense of control when everything else may be overwhelming
As you explore our Five Pillars of Support, remember: All programming is available at no cost to you! Please let us know how we can help you on your cancer journey by emailing us at email@example.com or give us a call at (314)238-2000 to learn more.