Cancer Support Community programming will be offered online until further notice. You can find many of our online resources below!
- If you are looking for support locally and want to speak to someone by phone call Cancer Support Community of Greater St. Louis at 314-238-2000. Leave a message and a member of the program team will return your call within the day. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need immediate support call the Cancer Support Helpline. Counselors and resource specialists can be reached by phone at 1-888-793-9355 or live chat. Hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET as well as Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Open to Options is an individualized support counseling program where we can help you make a decision about a treatment plan that is right for you. We can help you build a list of important questions, concerns, goals, and priorities related to your treatment in preparation for an appointment with your physician. Contact Kelly O’Neal, MSW, LCSW at 314-238-2000 ext. 230 to learn more.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvf-Cqpz0vHdysmKA1PR1wG7wTWFDRSnav
- Weekly and monthly support groups are being offered through the HIPAA-compliant TeleMentalhealth platform, Zoom.
- Dr. Becky Lynn, MD lead a discussion on Sexual Health Through Cancer and common sexual side effects of cancer treatment and self-image concerns patients may face through their cancer journey.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYvc-urrTktGtB_XddvzZ98y6R8V108G9fB
Healthy Lifestyle/Stress Management
- As we continue to navigate life's unknowns, remember to take a moment and take a breath. Click here for a breathing exercise you can do anywhere, anytime!
- Join CSC Program Manager, Kelly O’Neal, every Monday for a Moment of Mindfulness!
- Monday Mindfulness!
- Join Sarah Blondin for a gentle mindfulness practice about Transforming Fear, where she dives into what happens when we face the fears that haunt us, allowing us to experience them in a entirely new way.
- “The world is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” Check out this great article on being mindful in your own home.
- Calm is offering meditations, relaxation, sleep stories, and more, all to help you stay grounded and support your emotional and mental well-being! Check out their free resource page here.
- Power of Mindfulness: A Deeper Look • Tuesdays, September 15, 22 & 29 • 10:00AM - NOON • Via Zoom
This 3 week series will provide information on the benefits of mindfulness and meditation for the body and brain, allow you to experience and participate in mindfulness exercises, breathe and guided imageries, and will offer tips to establish your personal practice to reduce stress and increase the experience of peace in your life. Facilitated by Kathy Bearman, LCSW and provided in partnership with Mercy Hospital.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMofu2pqjoiHdAharpRlvnU9gElFEybpyMH
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vJAlduyorTgvPhuXve4VVo4PfzglipqJKQ
- As we navigate through these uncertain times, you may be feeling a little more anxious than usual. Check out this amazing tool to help you build resilience during this difficult time - Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook.
- CSC’s Uplifting Playlist – songs that lift our spirits! ENJOY!
- Sanctuary • Thursday, September 10 • 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM • Via Zoom
Mark Biehl, Certified Sound Therapy Coach, hosts this blissful journey with offerings of Tibetan singing bowls, gongs, chimes, indigenous flutes, drums, and keyboard atmospheres. Elements of breath work, guided reading, and group chanting are also featured to enhance and direct your experience to a higher level.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJApfuqvqj8tGNG8LnImDSSEgsnnQ7kmWeWc
- In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, Amy Camie shares "The Magic Mirror" music to help reduce anxiety, improve sleep and support the mental health of those who listen.
- Cook at home with one of CSC's Chef's, Vicki Bensinger! Feel confident in your kitchen while cooking up some tasty treats!
Here are some favorites below:
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rce2hrT4uG9y_DS1iP1WPGF4mXJIKIZuX
- Bring body, mind, and spirit into health, harmony, and balance through Qigong! Our regularly scheduled Qigong classes at 11:00 a.m. on Fridays will still take place.. virtually on Zoom!
- Do you have 10-minutes to spare? Check out Yoga Girl's quick and easy online yoga class. Reconnect with yourself and discover the joy that can be found even when time seems limited!
- Stability = Peace. Check out this 30 minute online yoga class by CSC Yoga instructor, Elise Stansbery!
- Join CSC Yoga instructor, Kate Walsh, for a 40 minute virtual yoga class!
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlceyorTgvGNXYtvHVD92I7U_KlDmZTvoG
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsf-mhqD4sEteBRQRjpqOLiZJcDNsaKYfN
- What are you reading? Click here for some fun bookmarks to print and color for all of those books you are reading during your social isolation!
- Create your own vision board with this great tutorial from Gilda's Club Simcoa Muskoka!
- With spring flowers blooming, now is a great time to try plant pressing! This mindful hobby presents beautiful results!
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMvceutqjosHdbvwDpJYWIEX4upik5eUCxA
- Create your own worry eater with this great "how to" from Gilda's Club Simcoe Muskoka!
- Create your own fun zentangle with Susie McGaughey!
- Spend a few minutes to spread your wings and take a few deep relaxing breaths with us today! Join Susie McGaughey for a Families Connect Butterfly breaths!
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwscO-spjkrGdMYWZnZzUwGXt3G7odYoRfk
- Journey to Wellbeing • To Register for September sessions contact Jeanne.email@example.com
Session 3: Tuesday mornings, September 8 • 10:00 AM – NOON
Session 4: Thursday evenings, September 17 • 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
The Journey to Wellbeing is an intentional walking program created by the Therapeutic Horticulture team of the Missouri Botanical Garden through the generosity of the Bayer Fund and in collaboration with Cancer Support Community of Greater St. Louis. The hope is to provide the program to survivors, from newly diagnosed to post treatment, family members, caregivers and bereaved. This 10-week program consists of 3 facilitated meetings, including a guided tour of the Japanese Garden. The remaining weeks consist of self-guided walks, inspired by themes related to natural elements such as wind, stone, tranquil water, fire, wood, powerful water, and sky. Each participant will receive a guidebook which provides suggested pauses for each walk, intended to increase awareness and encourage time for reflection.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUocempqD8t8dr1y0nbrsdqpVolbetIWg
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpc-2tqTotHtXzSZIxlc16Q6OHOE3LuLkP
- MyLifeLine empowers cancer patients and caregivers to build an online support community to encourage connection, inspiration, and healing by receiving social, emotional and practical care from loved ones. Create a personal webpage to connect with others on a similar journey, update family and friends on how you’re doing, learn about your specific type of cancer, and more.
- The Cancer Experience Registry is a unique online community that allows people facing cancer to share their experience, identify the issues that impact their lives, take surveys, access resources and learn from each other.
- Join Sharsheret as they build an online community with a variety of programming for women and families in treatment or survivorship, including interesting topics, expert speakers and impactful discussions.
- Self-Care From Head To Toe webinar focuses on tools to help you manage distress including finding meaning in difficult times, managing fear, and developing coping strategies for the road ahead.
- Are you living with cancer and facing financial hardship? The Cancer Support Community’s Cancer Emergency Fund is providing financial assistance to individuals who need help with food, utilities, and other basic needs. For more information, call their toll-free number, 1-888-409-4166. To apply, visit: bit.ly/CSCEFund