Cancer Support Community programming will be offered online until further notice. You can find many of our online resources below!
- If you are looking for support locally and want to speak to someone by phone call Cancer Support Community of Greater St. Louis at 314-238-2000. Leave a message and a member of the program team will return your call within the day. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need immediate support call the Cancer Support Helpline. Counselors and resource specialists can be reached by phone at 1-888-793-9355 or live chat. Hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET as well as Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Open to Options is an individualized support counseling program where we can help you make a decision about a treatment plan that is right for you. We can help you build a list of important questions, concerns, goals, and priorities related to your treatment in preparation for an appointment with your physician. Contact Kelly O’Neal, MSW, LCSW at 314-238-2000 ext. 230 to learn more.
- New Member Meeting • Third Thursdays • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM • Via Zoom - This month's meeting will be April 23rd
New to CSC? This introduction meeting allows people with cancer, their family and friends and the bereaved an opportunity to discover our programs and learn ways to be empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uZErdOioqjwt3x6eZRsdo1llxwxeGlsKdA
- Weekly and monthly support groups are being offered through the HIPAA-compliant TeleMentalhealth platform, Zoom.
- Dr. Becky Lynn, MD lead a discussion on Sexual Health Through Cancer and common sexual side effects of cancer treatment and self-image concerns patients may face through their cancer journey.
Healthy Lifestyle/Stress Management
- As we continue to navigate life's unknowns, remember to take a moment and take a breath. Click here for a breathing exercise you can do anywhere, anytime!
- Join CSC Program Manager, Kelly O’Neal, every Monday for a Moment of Mindfulness!
- Monday Mindfulness!
- Join Sarah Blondin for a gentle mindfulness practice about Transforming Fear, where she dives into what happens when we face the fears that haunt us, allowing us to experience them in a entirely new way.
- “The world is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” Check out this great article on being mindful in your own home.
- Calm is offering meditations, relaxation, sleep stories, and more, all to help you stay grounded and support your emotional and mental well-being! Check out their free resource page here.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/vJAlduyorTgvPhuXve4VVo4PfzglipqJKQ
- As we navigate through these uncertain times, you may be feeling a little more anxious than usual. Check out this amazing tool to help you build resilience during this difficult time - Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook.
- CSC’s Uplifting Playlist – songs that lift our spirits! ENJOY!
- Sanctuary • Thursday, August 20 • 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM • Via Zoom
Mark Biehl, Certified Sound Therapy Coach, hosts this blissful journey with offerings of Tibetan singing bowls, gongs, chimes, indigenous flutes, drums, and keyboard atmospheres. Elements of breath work, guided reading, and group chanting are also featured to enhance and direct your experience to a higher level.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvde6przgrHdKx3coLQJ9V7JIIJ3xWC-2M
- In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, Amy Camie shares "The Magic Mirror" music to help reduce anxiety, improve sleep and support the mental health of those who listen.
- Cook at home with one of CSC's Chef's, Vicki Bensinger! Feel confident in your kitchen while cooking up some tasty treats!
Here are some favorites below:
- Bring body, mind, and spirit into health, harmony, and balance through Qigong! Our regularly scheduled Qigong classes at 11:00 a.m. on Fridays will still take place.. virtually on Zoom!
- Do you have 10-minutes to spare? Check out Yoga Girl's quick and easy online yoga class. Reconnect with yourself and discover the joy that can be found even when time seems limited!
- Stability = Peace. Check out this 30 minute online yoga class by CSC Yoga instructor, Elise Stansbery!
- Join CSC Yoga instructor, Kate Walsh, for a 40 minute virtual yoga class!
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlceyorTgvGNXYtvHVD92I7U_KlDmZTvoG
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsf-mhqD4sEteBRQRjpqOLiZJcDNsaKYfN
- What are you reading? Click here for some fun bookmarks to print and color for all of those books you are reading during your social isolation!
- Create your own vision board with this great tutorial from Gilda's Club Simcoa Muskoka!
- With spring flowers blooming, now is a great time to try plant pressing! This mindful hobby presents beautiful results!
- Create your own worry eater with this great "how to" from Gilda's Club Simcoe Muskoka!
- Create your own fun zentangle with Susie McGaughey!
- Young Adult Meet and Greet and Game Night! • Wednesday, August 26 • 6:30 PM
This program is for adults between the ages of 18 and 40 ish. Calling all game lovers! Game Night will be fun and full of laughter and challenges. Plan on joining us for our first meeting as we enjoy the evening and brainstorm our plans for the coming months. Find support and community as you navigate through a cancer diagnosis.
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtc-Chrj0iHNJqoJfyX3XlxMpp61RRVLpV
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUocempqD8t8dr1y0nbrsdqpVolbetIWg
Register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcvcOmhrD0oHtOC9_DyeeKJU89wKPmCJBDl
- MyLifeLine empowers cancer patients and caregivers to build an online support community to encourage connection, inspiration, and healing by receiving social, emotional and practical care from loved ones. Create a personal webpage to connect with others on a similar journey, update family and friends on how you’re doing, learn about your specific type of cancer, and more.
- The Cancer Experience Registry is a unique online community that allows people facing cancer to share their experience, identify the issues that impact their lives, take surveys, access resources and learn from each other.
- Join Sharsheret as they build an online community with a variety of programming for women and families in treatment or survivorship, including interesting topics, expert speakers and impactful discussions.
- Self-Care From Head To Toe webinar focuses on tools to help you manage distress including finding meaning in difficult times, managing fear, and developing coping strategies for the road ahead.
- Are you living with cancer and facing financial hardship? The Cancer Support Community’s Cancer Emergency Fund is providing financial assistance to individuals who need help with food, utilities, and other basic needs. For more information, call their toll-free number, 1-888-409-4166. To apply, visit: bit.ly/CSCEFund