Cancer Support Community of Greater St. Louis offers more than 150 workshops, managed by licensed mental-health professionals, and professionally-led groups monthly— all provided at no charge — for men, women, and children whose lives have been impacted by cancer. Our program is designed to help people with cancer and their friends and family deal with the physical, psychological and emotional challenges of cancer. We offer Support, Education, Healthy Lifestyle/Stress Management, Social Opportunities and Resource/Referral.
Call us at 314-238-2000 to learn more about our program and set up an individual wellness plan meeting.
All Support and Monthly groups are led by licensed facilitators, offered at no charge and funded in part with generous donations from the St. Louis Men’s Group Against Cancer, Nordstrom, Gertrude & William Bernoudy Foundation, Saigh Foundation, Lung Cancer Connection and the Arenberg Family. Groups are not open for observation at any time and are only for people with a cancer diagnosis and, where indicated, their loved ones.
Below is a list of example workshops or groups from our focus areas.
Please see our program calendar (click on program titles for information and registration) or program list for a complete list of our programs each month and online registration. You can also sign up at our front desk, or call us at 314-238-2000 to attend any program requiring an RSVP.
- New Member Meetings
- Weekly Support Groups for people with cancer, family/friends and bereavement
- Monthly Groups to network with others with similar experiences (cancer type, stage)
- Families Connect for the Whole Family, the Whole Time
- Frankly Speaking About Cancer Series on specific cancers, treatments, cost of care, etc.
- Educational workshops including topics like side effects/symptom management, cancer in the workplace, complementary therapies, and bereavement
- Families Connect including Kid Support™ and how to talk to children and teens about cancer
Healthy Lifestyle/Stress Management
- Mindfulness Meditation/Guided Imagery
- Nutrition including Jerry Pass Cooking for Wellness series and Miss Mary’s Healthy Kitchen cooking demos
- Healing Arts including Art for Recovery, Music, Writing, and Collage
- Mind/Body/Spirit including The Practice of Qigong, Zumba, Yoga, and Country Line Dancing
- Family including Family Yoga, Kids Rock Cancer, Hoop Jam, and Food, Family & Fun
- Craft Connection including card-making, jewelry design, watercolor classes
- Special Events including potlucks, game nights, lunch and learn, book club, live music, fiestas
- Member-led Activities
- Family including Build Your Own Gingerbread House night, Movie night, and Equine Assisted Learning
- Open to Options™ Decision Support Counseling
- Cancer Support Source™ Distress Screening
- Karen Solomon Library
- St. Luke's Family Resource Library