Cancer Support Community of Greater St. Louis offers more than 150 workshops, managed by licensed mental-health professionals, and professionally-led groups monthly— all provided at no charge — for men, women, and children whose lives have been impacted by cancer. Our program is designed to help people with cancer and their friends and family deal with the physical, psychological and emotional challenges of cancer. We offer Support, Education, Healthy Lifestyle/Stress Management, Social Opportunities and Resource/Referral.
Call us at 314-238-2000 to learn more about our program and set up an individual wellness plan meeting.
All Support and Networking groups are led by licensed facilitators, offered at no charge and funded in part with generous donations from the St. Louis Men’s Group Against Cancer, Nordstrom, Gertrude & William Bernoudy Foundation, Saigh Foundation, Lung Cancer Connection and the Arenberg Family. Groups are not open for observation at any time and are only for people with a cancer diagnosis and, where indicated, their loved ones.
Below is a list of example workshops or groups from our focus areas.
Please see our program calendar (click on program titles for information and registration) or program list for a complete list of our programs each month and online registration. You can also sign up at our front desk, or call us at 314-238-2000 to attend any program requiring an RSVP.
- New Member Meetings
- Weekly Support Groups for people with cancer, family/friends and bereavement.
- Networking Groups including Brain Tumor, Breast Cancer, Gynecological Cancers, Lung Cancer, Next Step Connection (Post-Treatment), Ann Arenberg Pancreatic Cancer Group, Prostate Cancer, Bereavement, Single with Cancer, and Young Adult Group.
- Family Groups including Families Connect and Kid Support™.
- Frankly Speaking About Cancer Series on specific cancers, treatments, cost of care, etc.
- Educational workshops including topics like side effects/symptom management, cancer in the workplace, financial planning, complementary therapies, and bereavement issues
- Family including How to Talk to Children and Teens about Cancer, Financial Planning with cancer in the family
Healthy Lifestyle/Stress Management
- Mindfulness Meditation/Guided Imagery
- Nutrition including Jerry Pass Cooking for Wellness series, Miss Mary’s Healthy Kitchen cooking demos and education
- Healing Arts including Art for Recovery, Music, Writing, and Collage
- Mind/Body/Spirit including The Practice of Qigong, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates Mat and Country Line Dancing
- Family including Family Yoga, Kids Rock Cancer, Family Art for Recovery, Hoop Jam
- Craft Connection including card-making, jewelry design, Stitch Together and Watercolor classes
- Special Events including potlucks, game nights, coffee and discussion, movie mornings, book club, Stitch Together, watercolor, live music, fiestas
- Member-led Activities
- Family including Build Your Own Gingerbread House night, Chalk the Block, Music and Munchies for Teens
- Open to Options™ Decision Support Counseling
- Cancer Support Source™ Distress Screening
- Karen Solomon Library