- Worry and anxiety are of the most common concerns for people with cancer and their loved ones. Worrying about treatment, recurrence, symptom management, and balancing practical matters can compound to create high levels of distress and emotional exhaustion. Tools for Managing Worry, lead by Jennifer L. Abel, Ph.D., teaches participants about worry, how it impacts your body, and different strategies to manage worries that are out of our control.
- Jessica Taylor, PhD, LPC discusses the common worries and concerns of caregivers, role changes, and the benefits of caregiving in this Support for Caregivers - Pushing the Pause Button webinar. Participants will have the opportunity to reflect on their experience, and learn practical strategies to cope and strengthen their own well-being.
- Sharsheret Supports STL, a program of the St. Lous JCC, and Cancer Support Community hosted a Cancer and Bone Health discussion on how to keep bones healthy and strong before and after cancer treatment.
- Dr. Kurt Munzer, Pulmonary Doctor at Mercy South, educates on the types of lung cancer, potential treatments and side effects, clinical trials, and the emotional concerns of a lung cancer diagnosis in this Frankly Speaking About Lung Cancer educational workshop.
Dr. Becky Lynn, MD lead a discussion on Sexual Health Through Cancer and common sexual side effects of cancer treatment and self-image concerns patients may face through their cancer journey.
- Dr. David Mutch lead the Frankly Speaking About Cancer: Precision Medicine educational workshop that provided fundamental information about precision medicine, biomarker testing, and types of targeted therapies to find the best treatment on an individual basis.
- CSCSTL Facilitator, Jennifer Dunn, MSW, LCSW, lead From A to Zzzz, a discussion about how cancer impacts sleep, the importance of sleep and optimizing your sleep practices.
- La facilitadora de CSC, la Dra. Valentina Penalba, Ph.D, LMFT dirigió From A to Zzzz, un taller gratuito e informativo sobre cómo el cáncer afecta el sueño.
- Eat Smart, Eat Well For a Health Colon - Learn about healthy eating habits to improve your colon health from the types of foods to eat and what to avoid as well as recipes to support colon function. Listen to a survivor's journey towards a healthy lifestyle after treatment. Featured Panelists are Damon Clines, MD, Maria Ojascastro, Culinary Instructor, and Rachel Kleinman, Registered Dietician.