We welcome businesses, organizations and individuals to hold fundraisers or host parties to benefit Cancer Support Community. Invite your employees, friends, family and colleagues to learn more about CSC and have fun at our facility or the venue of your choice.
Here are a few ways you can fundraise for CSC:
• Throw a party—a cook-out or “Cocktails for a Cause”—and ask for donations
• Host a game night (trivia, cards, board games, etc.) and request an admission donation
• Set a fitness goal (i.e., a distance to bike, run or swim) and ask friends and family to sponsor
Pictured above: Every year Joe Kemp and Jeff Bloomrosen complete a one day 205 mile fundraising bike ride to celebrate Robin Kemp and support CSC.
• Ask your employer to host a “jeans day” and collect donations from co-workers who want to wear jeans
• Have a garage sale and donate proceeds
If you are interested in planning an event to benefit CSC, please contact Amanda Carlson, Development and Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Creativity Adds Up
Karen Seigel, teacher at Andrews Academy and STEPS FOR HOPE team captain, created a fun after-school activity to raise support for her team, Mrs. Witt’s Warriors.
“I held a fundraiser after school and raised more than $300. Here are some pictures of the kids playing "spin to win." I sold the 20 raffle tickets I had and have orders for 15 more! Everyone had a great time.”
Running For A Cause
Crestwood Elementary School held a 5k running event in honor of one of their teachers, Beth Kennedy. They raised over $500 for CSC and here’s why;
“My family has participated in the Families Connect program for many months now and feel a sense of home when we are there. That’s why I couldn’t wait to raise some money for your great organization.” -Beth Kennedy